CEMFI - Calle Casado del Alisal 5 - 28014 Madrid - Spain
Phone: +34 914 290 551 - Fax: +34 914 291 056 - E-mail: email@example.com
Ph.D., London School of Economics, 1998
Macroeconomics. International Economics
Growth, search, labour, business cycle
CURRICULUM VITAE (the following highlighted items can be downloaded in pdf format )
· Does Idiosyncratic Business Risk Matter for Growth?, (2013), [with Fabiano Schivardi], Journal of the European Economic Association 11. Complementary material: Paper Appendices.
· The Ins and Outs of Unemployment: An Analysis Conditional on Technology Shocks, (2012), [with Fabio Canova and David Lopez Salido], forthcoming Economic Journal. Online Appendices
· The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies in the US and Europe, (2010), [with Alejandro Justiniano], in NBER-ISOM Macro Annual 2011, Vol. 8
· Social Contacts and Occupational Choice, (2010), [with Samuel Bentolila and Javier Suarez], Economica, 77. A Financial Time article about this paper. A Financial Time Deutschland article about this paper
· On the effects of Technology Shocks on Hours and Output: A Robustness Analysis , (2010), [with Fabio Canova and David Lopez Salido], Journal of Applied Econometrics, 25.
· Financial Markets and Wages, (2009), [with Vincenzo Quadrini], Review of Economic Studies, 76 (2), 795-827.
· Why So Many Local Entrepreneurs?, (2007), [with Olmo Silva], Review of Economics and Statistics, 89(4).
· Borrowing from employees: Wage dynamics with Financial Constraints, (2005), [with Vincenzo Quadrini], Journal of the European Economic Association, 3 (2-3).
· Cross-Sectional Heterogeneity and the Persistence of Aggregate Fluctuations, (2004), Journal of Monetary Economics, October, 51, 1321-1352
· Low Returns in R&D Due to the Lack of Entrepreneurial Skills, (2003), Economic Journal, 113, 207-225
· (Fractional) Beta Convergence, (2000), [with Paolo Zaffaroni], Journal of Monetary Economics, 45, 129-153
· Unemployment Dynamics across OECD Countries, (2001), [with R. Balakrishnan], European Economic Review, 45, 135-165
· Employment and Output Adjustment in the OECD: A Disaggregate Analysis of the Role of Job Security Provisions, (2000), [with Simon Burgess and Michael Knetter], Economica, 67, 419-435
· Labour Market Adjustments in Europe, (2005), [edited with Juliαn Messina, Jarkko Turunen, and Gylfi Zoega], Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd
· Labor Supply with Job Assignment under Balanced Growth, (2013), [with Josep Pijoan], mimeo, CEMFI.
· The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies in the US and Europe, (2010), [with Alejandro Justiniano], paper prepared for the ISoM conference in Malta 2011 organized by Chris Pissarides and Jeffrey Frankel
· How Inefficient is Worker Reallocation? (2010), [with David Lopez-Salido and Alejandro Justiniano] ], mimeo, CEMFI
· What do Technology shocks tell us about the Ins and Outs of unemployment?, (2008), [with Fabio Canova and David Lopez Salido], mimeo, CEMFI.
Go back to CEMFI's home page.