Ph. D. in Economics, University of Minnesota, 1995
Statistical methods in econometrics
Structural estimation of dynamic models of discrete choice, labor and demographic economics, empirical microeconomics
- “Caregiving to Elderly Parents and Employment Status of European Mature Women,” with L. Crespo, Review of Economics and Statistics, 96 (2014), 693-709.
- “Dynamic Discrete Choice Structural Models: A Survey,” with V. Aguirregabiria, Journal of Econometrics 156 (2010), 38-67.
- “Sequential Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Games,” with V. Aguirregabiria, Econometrica 75 (2007), 1-54.
- “Uncertain Infant Mortality, Learning and Life-Cycle Fertility,” International Economic Review 48 (2007), 809-846.
- “Swapping the Nested Fixed Point Algorithm: A Class of Estimators for Discrete Markov Decision Models,” with V. Aguirregabiria, Econometrica 70 (2002), 1519-1543.
- “A Note on the Changing Relationship Between Fertility and Female Employment in Developed Countries,” with N. Ahn, Journal of Population Economics 15 (2002), 667-682.
© CEMFI. All rights reserved.